Hello, I'm Ben Ling
I am a machine learning engineer at Electronic Arts. I received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of British Columbia, advised by Professor Michiel van de Panne. In undergrad, I studied Engineering Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto. My work focuses on simulating believable virtual characters using physics, motion capture, motion synthesis, and deep learning (ML/RL).
- Spitzer SAGE-Spec: Near Infrared Spectroscopy, Dust Shells, and Cool Envelopes in Extreme Large Magellanic Cloud Asymptotic Giant Branch Stars. Robert Blum, Sundar Srinivasan, Francisca Kemper, Ben Ling, Kevin Volk. The Astronomical Journal, 2014.
- PDF reference preview on hover Firefox/Chrome extension [GitHub]
- MOCCA Envs: Animation and control simulation environments [GitHub]
- Paper Lineage: Visualize lineage of academic papers [Website]
- Reviewer: ICLR, ICRA, IROS, SIGGRAPH / SIGGRAPH Asia, TVCG
- Previously: DataCan Network, UBC URO, UBC Physics and CS Camp